Why we want you
MetaCompliance is an award-winning SaaS software company that is in the process of scaling to $30 million. MetaCompliance’s cybersecurity and privacy software helps organization’s keep their employees safe online, whilst lowering the chance of a cyber security breach. Our staff thrive in a team-oriented workplace where individual contribution is highly valued. We are looking for likeminded people with a “can-do” attitude, who are searching for a role that would allow them to demonstrate their real potential.
As a leader in a growing global market, we need people with the talent and creativity who can align their own personal career growth with that of our organizations. This young dynamic company is a place where the right people can make a real difference and see their efforts rewarded.
Due to demand, this role has been created to assist the Head of Legal. The role itself will cover a real range of commercial matters and offers the successful candidate the ability for work-life balance, coupled with interesting commercial work. If you are interested in the position and fit the applicant profile below, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
- Assisting in contract negotiations (including advising internal staff, negotiating with potential customers, creating and reviewing contract mark-ups, all necessary legal research associated with this)
- Contract drafting and the negotiation of commercial service contracts will form part of this position
- Ensuring all internal company structures/contracts are both in place and appropriate. Ensuring all documentation, minutes and all related documentation is in place
- Maintaining a structured online filing system of contracts for re-use, including mark-up editions and reasons for key clause variations and using this to educate internal staff re appropriate negotiation procedures and limits
- Maintenance and ownership of the Shareholders register, to ensure all related documentation, and filings are in place for Companies House
- Providing advice and ensuring compliance with data protection legislation
- Advising in relation to intellectual property ownership and management
- Managing legal issues related to human resources, accountancy, and international company structure
- Various other tasks required by the Head of Legal and Compliance depending on the company workload and your own abilities
Do you fit this profile?
- High calibre candidate with Honours Degree in Law and qualified as a Solicitor (England Wales or Northern Ireland qualification)
- Strong commercial experience, including contracts (for service), NDAs and a variety of commercial matters
- A working knowledge of data protection legislation, corporate law, and intellectual property
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key.
- Excellent organizational and IT skills.
- Confidently liaise with internal and external stakeholders to meet goals.
- Strong self-critique skills and an ability to evaluate the success and impact of strategies.
- Assertive confident individual with a sense of humour.
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities: MetaCompliance Ltd wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability. Applicants should note MetaCompliance Ltd complete Access NI background checks on all candidates offered a position.