- Ref: UIDEV2106
- Location: Derry ~ Londonderry
- Salary: Dependent on experience
Why you should join the MetaCompliance team:
MetaCompliance is one of the fastest growing providers in the Cyber Security Awareness global market. Within this award-winning company, we provide people with career opportunities, not a just a job. If you are ambitious and genuinely want to add value, this is your opportunity to be part of our accelerated growth.
We are currently seeking an UI Developer to join our skilled team, to help us improve user interface and user experience. Reporting to the Engineer Manager you will work with colleagues on ideas and design execution. The ideal applicant for this key position will be talented and results-driven, highly motivated, customer-focused and responsible for designing and creating front-end UI across a range of web products.
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers, and other designers.
• Design and develop coded prototypes, adhere to style guides, create user flows where necessary, and effectively communicate your ideas using these methods.
• Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design and/or development roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles.
• Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
• Create intelligently coded interfaces and interactive prototypes that demonstrate agreed functionality.
• Understand and have experience of design and frontend programming to bridge the gap between design and technology.
• Have the ability to take your own design and create a functional coded prototype for developer use.
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
• Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
• Test your own designs across all browsers and resolve bugs and display issues.
Do you fit this profile?
• Must have a relevant degree AND a minimum of 3 years relevant UI development experience OR a minimum of 6 years relevant experience without a relevant degree.
• Portfolio of past work which can be presented at interview.
• Advanced design skills and programming knowledge.
• Experience of native mobile design
• Hands-on experience creating functional coded prototypes.
• Up-to-date knowledge of the Adobe software suite (Photoshop, Illustrator etc).
• Good knowledge and understanding of Bootstrap and other front-end frameworks.
• Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
• Good time-management skills.
• Be open to receiving constructive criticism and developing skills from this.
Why you will love it here:
– Your personal growth and development is at the core of how we operate, we invest in you.
– Annual leave entitlement increases at employment milestones
– Fun company and team outings (virtual these days) – we play as hard as we work!
– Health cash plan – money back for your healthcare, eyecare, dental care, reflexology and wellbeing expenditure
– Employer pension contribution – we help you save for your future!
– Generous employee referral bonuses – help us find people as driven as you are!
If you are excited by the position and fit the applicant profile above, please submit your CV with a paragraph on why you feel you should be considered for interview to email@example.com. Only applications with the accompanying paragraph will be considered.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
MetaCompliance Ltd wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note MetaCompliance Ltd complete Access NI background checks on all candidates offered a position.