Policies are critical to the organisation as they establish boundaries of behaviour for individuals, processes, relationships, and transactions providing a critical foundation for governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC).
Mismanaged policies open the doors of liability and legal exposure. The organisation must be able to show a detailed history of what policy was in effect, how it was communicated, who read it, who was trained on it, who attested to it, what exceptions were granted, and how policy violation and resolution was monitored and managed. With today’s complex business operations, global expansion, and the ever changing legal, regulatory, and compliance environments, a well-defined policy management and awareness program is vital to enable an organization to effectively develop, communicate, and maintain the wide gamut of policies it needs to govern with integrity.
This webinar explores the best practices for distributing policies, determining when and how to provide education and how to build awareness campaigns. We often think that once a policy has been formally issued the job is done, but that is far from the truth. Properly communicating the policy is only the start. Attendees will learn the challenges, best practices, and benefits of a well thought out policy communication plan.
Register now to join IT GRC industry expert, Michael Rasmussen as he discusses best practices in policy awareness and communication.
- Define the key parts of a policy communication plan
- Identify methods for tracking and delivering training and attestations
- Determine ways to enable employee access to policies and related materials
- The role of training and education
- The policy portal – delivering an interactive employee experience for policy management
- Getting employee questions answered
- Attestations, read and understood, certifications
- How technology enables employee engagement on policy